Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Guilty Secret

Often when I look at you,
I feel nothing at all
I know I once felt differently
But now I struggle to recall

The guilt it threatens to bury me
From the truth I try to hide
There is no-one around who knows how I feel
There is no-one in whom I can confide

Once we had a bond so strong
And my emotions were real and raw
Once the thought of leaving you
Would have rocked me to the core

But now I’m just existing here
Just longing to be set free
And even though I love you so
I’ve lost the essence of me

1 comment:

  1. i had tears in mi eyes while i was reading this...i feel the exact same
    i loved someone at some point in mi lyf and then that person left me with emptiness...and even though i walk around as if i am so over that person...i know i am not..without that person there's a void in my life that cant be filled wid anything...i noe that we are never going to b together ever again...but there is something in me that longs for those moments of togetherness...:(

    ReplyDelete