Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Inevitable

Clinging desperately to hope
To the joy that once filled my heart
Watching, in disbelief as we are
Increasingly torn apart

Aching to go back, to those
Awesome times we shared
Longing to stop the inevitable
Wondering, can this be repaired?

Loving you has changed me
In ways I’d never dreamed
Yet still there is so much
That simply cannot be redeemed

I wish that I could see you again
And be held in your embrace
I long to nuzzle into you
As you kiss my tear stained face

My heart, it just won’t let you go
And my soul cries the tears I hide
As every day we draw it out
Neither one of us willing to decide

2 comments:

  1. brilliant! i swear if this is your poetry...i am a definite fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's definitely my poetry. :) I appreciate you taking the time to read through.

    ReplyDelete